Send As SMS
Send As SMS

Sunday, September 10, 2006

September 10 - MacTower Lies

I was looking at old Engadget articles, and I believe I have found evidence that proves Jeff Foster, the man who claims to have pictures of the rumoured 'MacTower' is lying. A month back, he posted this info here. He said 'I really just want them to release a smaller tower... you know, so they'll have a mac mini, imac, something like a Mac Tower, and mac pro... i want expandability... but not a crazy workhorse. just core duo and only 3 drive bays and half the ram and half the price... that's what i'm talking about. i know the iMacs are sick, but i want 2 monitors, and i want real sized drives and PCI slots (er, PCIE or whatever) i dont want an all-in-one or a tiny non-upgradable box where everything is external. boo!'

And funnily enough, exactly what he claimed he wants, is in this picture. Coincidence? I THINK NOT! He's also denied to respond to me when I've tried to contact me. I smell someone trying to boost their AdSense revenues! Maybe I'll get famous for proving him worng, or maybe I'll get famous for being wrong. Who knows! What I do know is that he's skilled at Photoshop. He even claims it on his blog 'The-Ish.com' under his Colophon section. I sent him a link to this article, so let's see if that photoshop comment is removed or not. Shall we? And he's removed the credit that Wordpress demands from the bottom of his footer. He;s got a link to them instead. Still it should say 'Powered By Wordpress'. He's a big fat cheat. Check out his source code if you want. I think I'll send him an e-mail saying 'f0uNd 0w7 bY d4 12-y34r 0lD g33K'... That'd make him wish he'd never lied! Muhahahaha! I just sincerely hope he is lying! Apoligies to him and his family if he's not, but I refuse to pay you compensation.

UPDATE: Well... he's photoshopped the images alright, that's for sure. He's made a crucially mistake. The SuperDrive is 'SuperDrive'. He's spelt it 'Superdrive'. Well spotted David. Rick thinks that this guy used MS Paint as Photoshop would have done a better job at making it look realistic aswell. Alex notes that Apple never write '24"' but always '24-inch', but we're not quite sure about the accuracy. Looks as though they just wanted to squeeze it on a piece of plastic if you ask me. And, I point out that 2.0Ghz is awfuly slow now-a-days when you're reading about liquid helium cooled 500Ghz chips. Now I wish I could overclock that well, but silicon is reaching it's physical limits.

Labels:

links to this post

  Digg | Permalink | Posted by Davidat 6:48 pm. 3 comments





3 Comments:

Anonymous Jeff Foster said...

very astute of you, searching old engadget comments. :) i knew there were a few (many) serious holes in my ruse, but apparently i am too lazy to care.

about me "denying to respond" ...i sort of got flooded with hatemail: sorry if i didn't get back to you. please let me know what questions you have.

About wordpress: i didn't really realize they "demand" a link in the footer... i never really claimed that *I* wrote the php powering my blog, and i left the "generator" metatag as WordPress, assuming that was enough credit for 'em.

2ghz in a Core 2 Duo would still be a welcome upgrade (on the cheap) than my current dual 867mhz. :)

anything i missed? you can email me at blog_contact@the-ish.com ...i hope my spam filter doesn't give you a false positive. cheers!

7:45 am, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Jeff Foster said...

very astute of you, searching old engadget comments. :) i knew there were a few (many) serious holes in my ruse, but apparently i am too lazy to care.

about me "denying to respond" ...i sort of got flooded with hatemail: sorry if i didn't get back to you. please let me know what questions you have.

About wordpress: i didn't really realize they "demand" a link in the footer... i never really claimed that *I* wrote the php powering my blog, and i left the "generator" metatag as WordPress, assuming that was enough credit for 'em.

2ghz in a Core 2 Duo would still be a welcome upgrade (on the cheap) than my current dual 867mhz. :)

anything i missed? you can email me at blog_contact@the-ish.com ...i hope my spam filter doesn't give you a false positive. cheers!

7:45 am, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Delta said...

Wow. He responded. Well, he admits it's fake aswell! YAY! Go Jeff for admitting it. How much AdSense money fif you make by the way?

8:52 pm, September 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home