Send As SMS
Send As SMS

Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11 - Towers Tribute

Firstly, I'd like to make a tribute to all those killed on this day five years ago. I can remember coming home from school having just started Year 3, feeling really angry with my new teacher becuase for the first time ever, a teacher had known more about computers than I had. I switched on the TV and started watching Woody The Woodpecker. Mad program, but I loved the way he laughed. I was 7, don't blame me! Perhaps 10 minutes into the program, when the screen BSODed (Blue-screen-of-deathed) upon me. Or so I thought (yes, I was acustomed to Windows 98 BSODing on me every other day back then). Thank goodness for XP! Back to the story... It was only then that I noticed a small message in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. 'We interupt this program to bring you breaking news.' I was excited. Then the picture switched to one of the BBC News 24 studio where the TV crew were looking quite flustered. They were replaying these pictures of buildings goin up in smoke, and being young, I didn't quite understand the gravity of the situation. Looking back now, I realise the terror that must have been felt, and my heart goes out to all those affected. May god bring you peace.

links to this post

  Digg | Permalink | Posted by Davidat 5:48 pm. 0 comments





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home