Send As SMS
Send As SMS

Monday, December 11, 2006

December 11 - Making Money On The Net

I originally wrote this post for Profy.com, but I've decided I'll be changing it, and writing a more in-depth and straight to the point guide. I suppose this can only be good for you! Well, here it is...

Making cash blogging sounds like the dream job, but in reality, it's alot harder than one might think. You read wonder stories of how working from home changed someone's life. But in reality, it didn't just happen over night. That's the problem with reality. It's harsh. If you really want to earn some big bucks blogging though, you've come to the right place. Over a several part mini-series, I'll be showing you exactly how to make tonnes of cash using your blog.

Like I said, it won't be instant. It will take time. It will require effort. But by the end of the course, I hope to have brought you one step closer to earning a substantial income from home, by solely blogging. Today's lesson will be an introduction to the basics of monetized blogging, the different marketing models you might use and such sorts.

Playing It Safe

There are many, many ways of getting masses of visitors to you blog very, very quickly. The only snag is, most of them cost. Of course, there are always free alternatives, even if they are more time consuming. To tell you the truth, I've never found that submitting my blog to 1001 directories has ever helped my visitor numbers. For this reason, I suggest more modern methods of getting masses of targeted hits, concentrated on a single site. Popular websites like Digg.com help with this kind of thing.

Quick & Easy

As in everything though, if manual labour isn't your thing, then you can always use a scheme like Google AdWords to promote your site. This is a guaranteed method of getting masses of hits to your website, reasonably quickly. Set yourself a budget, even pick a website to advertise on, and off you go!

But how the heck do I make money?

Hold up cowboy... That's next lesson. But I will tell you various ways you can get started. I'll be doing play-by-play reviews of the various methods themselves though during the coming weeks. To get started, you can begin to scout around for place that offer advertising (Note that I don't recommend pop-ups!), for example,Google AdSense and TextLinkAds are just a few services that I can guarantee you will make you a nice sum of money over time. Of course, for both of these to function effectively, you need hits flooding in from various sources, referrals (links from other web-pages), organic sources (links from search results) and adverts (either paid or free).

But do I need to be a computer genius? I'm a good writer, but...

But what? In some cases, you don't even need to be a good writer! It's deadly simple. Keep in mind, I'm 12 and I'm making hundreds of dollars a month by blogging. I'm not a spectacular writer. I'm not a total computer genius. Okay, I know XHTML, but that does not make me a genius. In fact, compared to most of you out there, I'm a complete novice. But that should be encouraging. If I can do it, you most certainly can! There are loads of free hosts put there. Loads of free blogging places too! There's Wordpress.com, Blogger.com and many others.

Which is for me?

A word of warning... Not Wordpress.com! They don't actually let you place adverts on blogs hosted there, for 'security reasons'. That said, no-body is quite sure what these security concerns are. Anyhow, editing the HTML at Wordpress isn't easy either, and that's a big problem, as most advertising programs require a simple copy and paste of coding so you can begin to earn money. There's always blogger though! They allow easy editing of your blog's template, allowing easy HTML editing. They even offer integrated AdSense sign-up and support! Of course, Blogger is Google owned anyway, so this is just a nice little bonus.

But do I need to be a computer genius? I'm a good writer, but...

But what? In some cases, you don't even need to be a good writer! It's deadly simple. Keep in mind, I'm 12 and I'm making hundreds of dollars a month by blogging. I'm not a spectacular writer. I'm not a total computer genius. Okay, I know XHTML, but that does not make me a genius. In fact, compared to most of you out there, I'm a complete novice. But that should be encouraging. If I can do it, you most certainly can! There are loads of free hosts put there. Loads of free blogging places too! There's Wordpress.com, Blogger.com and many others.

Today's Round-Up

Though I've not stressed any particular points that you must/must not do, services that you should/shouldn't sign up to, this post was merely the introduction into a long series of posts, designed to show you how to make big money online. Of course, it's everyone's dream. Not everyone is cut out to do it either... But without a doubt, it will be possible for you to make money online, one way or another. There's so much to choose from! Affiliate Programs (tmiwireless.com), Text Links (textlinkads.com), PPC (google.com/adsense), Pixels (like pixelotto.com but on a smaller scale, perhaps in your sidebar), Paid Reviews (reviewme.com), and many other options out there.

If you plan on using TextLinkAds though, you'll need your own hosting. There are free options out there, but they are few and risky. If you really plan on getting far in blogging, you'll need your own host. Though these cost, they're highly stable the majority of the time, and it is possible to set up your own server from home anyway. With any luck, I'll be able to bring you a lesson dedicated solely to that.

If you can't make money online, I'm prepared to eat my socks. For your pleasure and enjoyment, I'll upload the video to Revver.com too! That way, I'll be making cash whilst eating socks. You'll also be enjoying yourself whilst I'm doing, therefore everyone is happy. And slightly richer!

See what I mean? If you can't manage to make cash online, there's something wrong with you... Stay tuned for further lessons in this exciting series! We all know that cash is nice, so let's go make some! This is the Internet. All that stands between you and an unlimited income is your lousy company firewall! Let's get going!

Labels: ,

links to this post

  Digg | Permalink | Posted by Davidat 5:32 pm. 5 comments





5 Comments:

Anonymous Ralph Dagza said...

you are very opinionated, im inviting you to join my lil community

www.pinkprank.com

thanks bro

7:15 pm, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Delta said...

Wow... Everyone is commenting today! So how did you find out about my blog?

And I'll be sure to join your community. Thanks for that!

7:18 pm, December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Vlad said...

Delta, great article. The reason people left comments is because its top notch material, keep up the good work :-)

10:35 pm, December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!!
Are you looking for an extra revenue stream?
If your answer is Yes, then Cashland is for you. http://cashland.awardspace.com

4:01 pm, December 16, 2006  
Anonymous Arun said...

Very nice!!
Are you looking for an extra revenue stream?
If your answer is Yes, then Cashland is for you. http://cashland.awardspace.com

4:01 pm, December 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home