Send As SMS
Send As SMS

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

January 17 - Timothy Williams Banned!

Last night, once I'd left my PC to do homework, 11-year old blogger, Timothy Williams, wrote a post on Techzi, asking for money. He stated that he wanted to 'get rich quick' and was hoping that you guys would willing to give him money.

At Techzi, we have a moderation system. Our writers make posts, then save them as drafts, for me to moderate and post if I see fit. Unless there is some really hot news which one of our writers think is a 'must-post-now' article, then it should be saved as a draft.

Not what Timothy did! Without my knowledge or consent, he wrote the post, asking for money from you guys, and to me, from what he'd written, it sounded like I was endorsing it. I assure you that neither myself, Techzi, or any of the other guys here were affiliated with that whatsoever. Timothy's post, and account have been deleted. Whether this will be a temporary measure, it remains to be seen, but once we move to Wordpress, I have decided that ALL posts will be moderated to avoid any incidents like this.

I hope the few thousand of you who visited Techzi last night weren't put off by this, and we apologize profusely. Timothy abused our trust, my trust, and attempted to gain financially from it. He knew the rules... He broke them.

I'm waiting for him to come back online now to see if we can sort something out. That said, I have to admit I'm rather worried about both my blog's reputation with you guys, and what lasting effects it will have. I'm not sure if any of you guys donated to Timothy or not, as I deleted the post from school, where I noticed it, and where flash wasn't installed. Sorry about all this!

On a side note, Timothy succesfully dropped our main feed subscribers by 21 in less than 10 hours. Congratulations man... You've done me proud.

Labels: ,

links to this post

  Digg | Permalink | Posted by Davidat 4:25 pm. 12 comments





12 Comments:

Blogger THeuer said...

That's really shit... :( Didn't see it :(

4:49 pm, January 17, 2007  
Blogger David said...

I wouldn't have phrased it that was myself... But...

And, uh... Silly question, but can we keep swearing to a minimum? We have a pretty young audience... I'd hate to lose them. =)

4:51 pm, January 17, 2007  
Anonymous Ben said...

Hey David. Forget nicey-nice. If this guy is ripping people off their money then chuck him off the blog. Theres no room for guys like him seriously man.

4:53 pm, January 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How crap can these guys get? :( You gonna sue him or what? ;)

4:58 pm, January 17, 2007  
Blogger David said...

I won't be suing Timothy, no. =) I won't deny I'm very annoyed, and slightly worried myself though.

5:00 pm, January 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not sue him? You could claim something like damage of reputation. This was bad man! He was practically begging! I just saw this update in my feed reader and thought I would check it out. Huh.

5:02 pm, January 17, 2007  
Blogger David said...

You can claim damage of reputation? I won't be suing though, no. He's still my mate, even if he did cross the line.

What feed reader are you using by the way?

5:04 pm, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Timothy Williams said...

I'm feeling extremely worried now. I feel like a (censored) now.........

i am extremely sorry, i feel like an absolute idiot now. How can i re-pay you....

6:24 pm, January 17, 2007  
Blogger David said...

I didn't censor that... Neither did Blogger... O_O

Anyhow, no worries. It just alerted me to the fact that I could do with implementing a moderation system anyway.

Don't get in a pickle about it. ;) I just wanted to clear a few things up.

9:04 pm, January 17, 2007  
Blogger David said...

And I don't want re-paying. I'll get them subscribers back in no time. ;)

6:15 am, January 18, 2007  
Anonymous Ryan said...

I actually saw that post because I subscribe to the feed. It's funny because my first reaction was, "Wow! People actually use ChipIn???" ChipIn is a company based here in Hawaii and I was actually kind of excited to see it being used.

8:44 am, January 18, 2007  
Blogger David said...

=) Yes... I recently used ChipIn to raise some money for Techzi. It went down very well, with alot of donators. All-in-all, we made almost $1500. =)

David

8:47 am, January 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home