Send As SMS
Send As SMS

Thursday, January 04, 2007

January 4 - Life. Mad. Cool!

David-Wilkinson










The last 24 hours have completely changed my way of thinking. Lots of incredible things have happened, that have made me think hard about what I'm trying to do with the blog.

I'd been working on a Wordpress layout for the blog for ages, (which is no where near ready!) and I thought that I'd launch a fund so that this blog could move over to Wordpress. I was expecting nothing. Maybe at most $5, or $10. Guess what? $1418 and counting! That's $401 just while I was sleeping.

I'd like to clear a few things up in this blog post though.

I astonished that tonnes of you think I'm a fraud... A fake. You say I'm not 12! I'm not sure whether to feel pleased at this or angry. I work my butt off, and what do I get? People claiming my Dad wrote all this stuff. Wanna know something? My Dad doesn't even know what Web 2.0 is! That said, neither do I... Does Web 2.0 have a definitive definition? Okay, he knows about technology, computers, programming and stuff, but I write everything on this blog. I don't have help writing it. This is all unique content written by me. This is not some "well planned scheme", a "scam", a "". I can't actually say I blame most of you though. I too would be suspicious.

Why do we need $5000? You're all asking that. Why $5000? We don't. We need about $3000 to pay for a couple of years of quality hosting, and a domain name. We need some more money however, to hire some freelancers to have a go over our new Techzi layour I've been working on. There are some problems, that for the life of me, I can't see what they are. Maybe it's because I'm not an expert at CSS, but I'm stumped, and although my Dad my be an expert in Java, he doesn't know CSS. He knows XHTML (He taught me!) and Javascript (Which I've never even attempted.)

Any excess money, will simply go into any extra costs we may run into. We'd like to buy ourselves some spiffy monitoring software called mint, and we'd like to hold a few competitions on the site, offering monetary prizes, if there's any money left over at the end.

So why am I not paying with it with my money I earn from blogging on other sites? With the money I earn from working at Profy, and a few other blogs, I'm savign up to buy myself a good new PC. They're not cheap you know! Anyhow, this blog isn't just mine anyway, even if I have written 99.6% of the posts here.

Any more questions? This might be suicidal, but here is my e-mail: wilki . david [at] googlemail . com - and please... No spam. No flame rants (I woke up to 64 this morning... Thanks you guys!)

In other news, the leaderboards have been updated. More coming soon. I'll publish them too.


Labels:

links to this post

  Digg | Permalink | Posted by Davidat 11:11 am. 7 comments





7 Comments:

Blogger TI3GIB said...

Great job, and congratulations on the donations, don't candy it all off ...

P.s. There is not a single tech-related post in the first page. Shut up with the donations already and go post something.

Tough Love ^

12:33 pm, January 04, 2007  
Blogger THeuer said...

Nice post, David.
But $5000 is very much... ;)

12:33 pm, January 04, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Perhaps I should do... =D

I just got a tonne of flame mail to deal with. I think I'll just delete it all afterall.

12:34 pm, January 04, 2007  
Anonymous Darren said...

don't let everyone distract you from your main focus David. like ti3gib says - back to your core blogging focus - let the flamers look after themselves (and let the money look after itself too) - life's too short to let them get you down.

1:01 pm, January 04, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Thanks Darren. =)

I just wrote on a whopping new 300TB Seagate HDD. It's incredible stuff!

1:03 pm, January 04, 2007  
Anonymous Chris Hooley said...

Dude you don't need to explain yourself on what you are goign to do with your money. If people donate, cool. If people talk trash, who cares. If you are 12 cool, if you are your dad (lol) then good thinking and roll with it. Point is, who cares. Keep working your angles and entertaining people and you don't need to explain yourself any furtehr than that. :-)

3:23 pm, January 04, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Thanks man... For what you said and the big donation! =)

7:49 pm, January 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home