Send As SMS
Send As SMS

Saturday, January 06, 2007

January 6 - Alexa Rankings

Woah... Cool stuff! My Alexa ranking has soared dramatically over the past few days, and now our re-direction URL (http://www.tech.co.nr), has an incredible daily ranking of 8,361, with an estimated reach of 290,000,000!

In the rankings, this puts Techzi WAY ahead of most of the other blogs out there, including the Yuvisense blog. Stay tuned. Yuvi and me may have some rather interesting joint announcements to make soon.


But anyway, the fact I am only just shy of Robert Scoble's Alexa ranking for today, is big stuff! Of course, I've already seen my number of hits dropping, but I'm confident that we can do well here. We've got a unique angle on a very popular topic. Why shouldn't people come and stay? We
beat Robert's daily reach by 45,000,000 anyway, so that's made my day! Here's some graphs to content you for now anyhow.

Click for bigger pictures.























And of course, my all time favourite. Something that I'll treasure forever... The moment I beat Scoble!












And I owe it all to just a few people... Darren Rowse particularly! Cheers mate! It just goes to show what can happen when one big blog mentions you. A hundred and one others pick up on it, with more picking up on that. I'm pretty sure that if I was on my own servers when this ProBlogger Effect had kicked in, they would have crashed. Heck, let's hope they hold up once they go live. For those of you who said I wouldn't need to buy a server, if I get traffic anything close to what I got yesterday and today (TONNES!), then trust me. I will!

links to this post

  Digg | Permalink | Posted by Davidat 8:42 am. 5 comments





5 Comments:

Anonymous Yuvi said...

Freakin awesome! Rock on!

Now, the fact that you are 3 years younger than me could have an effect on this... And also, you have a very wide audience, while mine is pretty narrow(Right now, only Scoble friends)..

BTW, the snaps are really annoying...

10:04 am, January 06, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Thanks Yvui! And yeah... You're right of course.

Don't worry. No snaps on new site. =) I think we won't over the top with our current layout. No MyBlogLog counter either. Just the sidebar widget.

10:08 am, January 06, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Ooops! Sorry man! I meant Yuvi, not Yvui! =P

10:10 am, January 06, 2007  
Blogger Simba said...

Cool, Delta (It'd be weird to call you David)!
Like Timmy (I'm pretty sure it was him) said, you're totally going pro. That is, if you weren't before. >.> <.<

3:12 pm, January 06, 2007  
Blogger David said...

Thanks Simba! I'm not sure if I was a 'ProBlogger' before, but I'd certainly been called it in the past.

3:16 pm, January 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home