Send As SMS
Send As SMS

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

January 9 - Ultra PCs

Click on the spiffy picture to enlarge it...

It's that time of year that just seems to catch you by surprise, and be one of the most hectic times ever. This year, with mountains of homework, the re-launch of WP Techzi (http://www.techzi.net), Google down-time, and a whole host of other things... It's also the time of year again, where I like to burn money in the sales, and this year I've been looking at Computers. With the money I've accumulated from blogging these past few months, I reckon I can get myself a pretty decent PC with the money I've got, and when I heard about the HP Supa-dupa Touchsmart Ultra PC Thingy-Ma-Bob, I just couldn't look away.

I'm not one for pre-built PCs. I like to customize my own PCs to meet my standards and specification, but as a second PC, or not a PC I'd use for simulating nuclear explosions at any rate, the HP looks about as good as they get!

"The TouchSmart IQ770, features a fast, dual-core AMD Turion 64-X2 TL-52 CPU, 2GB of DDR RAM, a 320 GB hard drive and a SuperMulti DVD burner with LightScribe capability. The system comes with Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed. Also included are a wireless keyboard and mouse, and built in WiFi and Bluetooth network interfaces."

That's not bad at all for an all-in-one, but of course, we have seen better. Not by all that much though, and like I said, if you're not planning on doing some heavy video encoding or nuke simulations, you should be alright for a while on this rig.

"The TouchSmart’s robust media capabilities include NTSC and ATSC tuners for both standard and high-definition (yay!) over-the-air television broadcasts. But the real unique feature of the show is the touch-sensitive 19-inch widescreen LCD screen (1440 x 900 resolution). This allows many of the features of the TouchSmart to be controlled without a mouse or keyboard. The system also integrates a 1.3 megapixel web cam, microphone, stereo speakers, and an 8-in-1 memory card reader."

Okay... I know what you're thinking. But 19" is tiny! Yeah? Well this thing packs enough HD punch anyway to make up for a slightly smaller screensize. With all the extra nifty features packed in, I'm seriously considering buying the Touchsmart. But at the end of the day, it all comes down to competitiveness of pricing. I do like the idea of a touchscreen PC though... Perhaps I can see if anyone can get me a prototype model. =D

links to this post

  Digg | Permalink | Posted by Davidat 6:02 pm. 0 comments





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home